Complaint Review: Hsbc Mastercard

• Submitted: Sun, November 29, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, November 29, 2009

• Reported By: jjflash — Seattle Washington United States of America
Hsbc Mastercard

Hsbc Mastercard Company sent letter saying I was late, and because I was good customer, was not going to impose late fee Internet

I came across this website by accident, not because I had a complaint with HSBC.

I was reading the "horror" stories, and felt compelled to offer a perspective from the other side.

I have been a customer of HSBC (and/or HFC, or some affiliate) off and on since I was a young adult trying to establish credit in the 1970's.  I have had auto loans, and personal lines of credit.

I have never been at a crossroads with them.  During the recent banking collapse, I too had my line of credit slashed, which resulted in my credit score taking a hit.  I don't blame HSBC or HFC.  The problem lies with the automated scoring system.

All that being said, last year I tried to get set up with online payments. I made some sort of mistake, and I missed a payment.

On my next statement, I was notified that because of my good standing, I was not going to incur a late payment penalty.  I also received a gentle reminder of how important it is to maintain a good credit score.

I was shocked. I'm over 50, and I've missed a few payments in my lifetime. Nothing chronic or systematic, but sometimes things slip through the cracks.

This is the first time a company has not penalized me for being late.

Anyway, just wanted to offer another perspective regarding a company that has been pretty good to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2009 08:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hsbc-Mastercard/internet/Hsbc-Mastercard-Company-sent-letter-saying-I-was-late-and-because-I-was-good-customer-w-530362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hsbc Mastercard