Complaint Review: Hsbc Mortgage Services

• Submitted: Wed, October 10, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, October 10, 2007

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
Hsbc Mortgage Services
P O Box 9068 Brandon, Florida U.S.A.

Hsbc Mortgage Services i was notified by phone on April 16th that my april mortgage payment was late. through research on my part I found that the payment was actually received on April 7th. There was no late payment. They reported this as a late payment to the credit reporting agencies. Brandon Florida

On April 16th, of this year, HSBC Mortgage Services called me on my job to inform me that my payment for that month was late. When I called the customer service no I was told that the payment was received on April 7th I don't know where it had been laying but it was in the office on someone's desk. In the meantime someone still called me on my job and at my home to tell me that the payment was not received, and that late fees were going to incurr.

And they were also turning my mortgage over to another mortgage company (CitiMortgage) in May. I told them that the payment for April was received April 7th and not to report this the credit bureau as a late since the payment was not late. They did so anyway and in May I had to pay 2 months payments and when they did receive it they held on to it for 2 weeks before turning it over to CitiMortgage. Which made 2 late payments reported to the credit bureaus. Now I can't get a lower rate mortgage because of HSBC holding my payments for 2 weeks, before turning them over to CitiMortgage CitiMortgage does not know that when there is a holiday in that month there is no mail delivery. I mailed my July payment to them on July 5th which they received on July 9th, how is this a late payment when you are given until the 16th of the month before it is considered late.

Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2007 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hsbc-Mortgage-Services/Brandon-Florida-33509/Hsbc-Mortgage-Services-i-was-notified-by-phone-on-April-16th-that-my-april-mortgage-paymen-278180. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hsbc Mortgage Services