Complaint Review: Hubler Chevrolet Shelbyville Indiana

• Submitted: Thu, September 22, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, September 23, 2005

• Reported By:Shelbyville Indiana
Hubler Chevrolet Shelbyville Indiana
St Road 44 Shelbyville, Indiana U.S.A.

Hubler Chevrolet Shelbyville Indiana ripoff, Refuses to repair tranny 2004 Blazer, Threw us off lot! Shelbyville Indiana

*Consumer Comment: Right and wrong

Bought Dec 2004 a 2004 Blazer 43 miles, We took it to dealer in April, May, June, July, August and Since then we have complained that the tranny is slipping when taking off. We finally got them to admitt we were right but they say it is an inherit problem and they aren't going to fix it. We ask them to buy it back. But they still refuse. My hubby finally told the service manager some one was going to get this lemon up their *** and the manager refused for us to enter their lot any more. We have it on tape that they declaird this one has the same problem but they will not fix it. In fact after a little computer surfing I found out that there has been a complaint to GM since 1998 on this Blazer shudder and tranny slips but they will not repair it. We purchased it in good faith and I have told them I am a heart patient and I don't want a vehicle I can't trust. They tell me to dial 1-800-roadside assist if I need help. I asked if I dialed it before or after 911 for my heart problems. We have filed with the Indiana ATtorney Generals office for the lemon Law and we have filed with the BBB autoline but so far all we got was tossed out of Hubler Chevolet buy a very arrogant Kelley Martin. Any one got any ideas. Until it is resolved we are driving a 23,000 dollar bill board.

So until then I am recommending every one don't buy Hubler Shelbyville or better yet Hubler in general since they own many car dealers on the south east side of Indianapolis....

Gary
Shelbyville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2005 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hubler-Chevrolet-Shelbyville-Indiana/Shelbyville-Indiana-46176/Hubler-Chevrolet-Shelbyville-Indiana-ripoff-Refuses-to-repair-tranny-2004-Blazer-Threw-u-158015. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hubler Chevrolet Shelbyville Indiana

Right and wrong

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

First, I believe that you were thrown off and barred from the lot. You threatened someone, you're lucky you didn't get a police escort off the lot.

The Blazer of today (Or 2004) uses a different transmission than the 1998 model. So, while I am not familiar with the problem, that tells me it is not a problem within the transmission itself.

I cannot find any references to your exact problem, but one thing that may be a problem is describing the problem as a 'slip'. A slip would be that you hit the gas and don't go anywhere, while the engine revs. Slipping at speed you can feel in your butt more than anything, as it feels like the back end of the vehicle is "loose" or wheel-hopping.

And, if you need to call 911 before roadside assitance because your vehicle broke down.. You don't need to be driving. Any vehicle can have problems, and they don't always give warning signs. A fuel pump can quit, fuel filters can clog.. I've had a transmission die on me at a stop light. No indication, just pulled to the light, stopped, hit the gas, went nowhere.

Best advice is go to a different dealer, and don't take the same attitude in. Explain the problem and listen to the solution. Ask them to explain why it is or is not a problem. Come back here with EXACTLY what they say, and you can probably get some good suggestions. If you are experiencing true slippage in the transmission, then it does need to be repaired. but does your definition of slip jive with mine?