Complaint Review: Hubler Chevrolet.

• Submitted: Sun, February 12, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, February 12, 2006

• Reported By:West Lafayette Indiana
Hubler Chevrolet.
8220 S US 31 Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Hubler Chevrolet. stole my rebate Indianapolis Indiana

*Consumer Suggestion: No such thing as a "rebate" on used car!

I was in a situation where I needed a second vehicle so I searched online and found Hubler's ad. It sounded promising so I filled out their online form and was contacted by a salesperson shortly thereafter.

I went to the dealership and found a 2004 Cavalier that they said had a $3,000 rebate on it. I got another $1,000 rebate from GM and put $500 down.

I owed $4,000 on the vehicle that I had. They paid that loan off which in my mind balanced out the $4,000 rebate but I realized later that I am upside down in the loan for $4,000. So, it doesn't take a genius to determine that the whole rebate thing with them was a way for them to make money and put me in a bad situation.

Mary
West Lafayette, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2006 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hubler-Chevrolet/Indianapolis-Indiana-46227-0991/Hubler-Chevrolet-stole-my-rebate-Indianapolis-Indiana-175916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hubler Chevrolet.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

No such thing as a "rebate" on used car!

AUTHOR: B. - (U.S.A.)

Mary,

I'm not sure what exactly the dealer told you or the advertisement said...but I can tell you that there is no such thing as a factory rebate on a 2004 used car!

Manufacturers use rebates to sell new vehicles. In any case, your situation underlines the importance of READING YOUR CONTRACT before you sign anything! If you feel you're being rushed, or if you don't understand something, then simply don't sign. And if they start making you feel really uncomfortable, you have a simple option: leave the dealership.