Complaint Review: Hubler Chevrolet

Hubler Chevrolet
8220 US 31 South Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

Hubler Chevrolet Deceived on a new truck purchase Indianapolis, Indiana

*Consumer Suggestion: Bradley Chevrolet / Hubler

*Author of original report: Definitely not buyer's remorse

*Consumer Comment: Happy Travels

At the first of April, I went to several Chevrolet dealerships looking to purchase a new truck. I was looking at the 2012 Silverado 1500 LT 4X4 with a 5.3L engine. When I went to Hubuler, they had the truck I was looking for, but Dustin (the salesman) showed me a 2011 model. He told me that since it was a 2011, I could also get a better discount. He also sold me hard on the fact that it had a 4" lift. We talked for an hour and he said the 2011 had everything I was looking for (plus the lift), and he even joked that it would be my first lifted truck. I decided to purchase the truck ... after the transaction was over, and got in the truck to drive away, I looked for the window sticker and couldn't find it. I got somewhat suspicious and drove back to the dealership. When I was told that they couldn't find it, I started looking at things on the truck and discovered that the engine was only a 4.8 (instead of the 5.3).

A few weeks later, I found that there wasn't even a lift kit placed on the truck. So, I immediately called Dustin, and he asked me to have another Chevrolet dealership look at it to confirm it did not have a lift kit. When I gathered all the paper work and returned to the dealership May 1st, Justin presented me with a paper that showed they installed "lifted shocks." So now the salesman and dealership has deceived me. There is no way I would had paid $7K for wheels, tires, shocks, and running boards. I have had several dealerships and truck experts look at the truck, and they all state that the shocks they have installed on the truck do NOT add any lift. I even had the truck laser measured and it is the exact same same height as the standard Silverado 4X4

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2012 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hubler-Chevrolet/Indianapolis-Indiana-46227/Hubler-Chevrolet-Deceived-on-a-new-truck-purchase-Indianapolis-Indiana-876820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hubler Chevrolet

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Bradley Chevrolet / Hubler

AUTHOR: SeekingJustice1 - (United States of America)

Troy,  I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you.  I unfortunately have been taken advantage by Bradley Chevrolet as well.  I recommend filing a BBB complaint, Attorney General, contact the Franklin Chamber of Commerce, etc.  This dealership seems to have a history of misrepresenting the condition, features, other factors on their vehicles, deceptive practices. You were sold a car with a 4.8L engine instead of 5.3L & without a lift you needed.
Take a look at the report that I filed as well & maybe it will spark some other ideas for you.

Definitely not buyer's remorse

AUTHOR: Troy - (United States of America)

When you talk about the documentation ... that is the big issue it is so vague and can be interpreted in many different ways. The dealer installed options just shows Lifted Package. I was going on what the salesperson was telling me what that meant. Also, when I talked to the new car sales manager, he told me that the information was written all-over the paperwork I signed. This weekend, I re-reviewed every piece of paper I signed and it does not mention ether the lift package nor the engine size.

I have not asked the dealer to take back the truck and give my money back, since I do like the truck I have only asked them to install the 4 lift that the salesman told me that was on it

Happy Travels

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"after the transaction was over"

Do you have documentation that indicates you purchased something different than what you paid for? You evaluated the truck after purchase. You are bordering on this being a case of buyer's remorse.

Enjoy your new truck.