Complaint Review: Hubler Chevrolet

• Submitted: Tue, March 04, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, March 04, 2003

• Reported By:Greenwood Indiana
Hubler Chevrolet
8220 So. US 31 Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Hubler Chevrolet ripoff unnecessary repair work no refund Indianapolis Indiana

Late in 2002 my 2000 model (just out of warranty) Chevrolet developed a coolant leak. I had purchased the car new at this dealership and returned it to the service department for repair. After the technician at the service department evaluated the issue I was told the water pump was leaking. While it had seemed to me to be more of a radiator leak I admitted that I wasnt there evaluating the problem and consented to have the water pump replaced after being told that it was the likely issue.

After returning the car four times for the same leak it was finally discovered that in fact the radiator was leaking and replacing it corrected the problem. When I asked to have credit issued, or my money refunded, for the unnecessary repair (about $300.00) the Assistant Service Manager wouldnt grant it. I received the same response after I reported the matter to the Indianapolis Better Business Bureau (this included reports to the Sales, General, and Service Manager of the dealership). General Motors also received the same response when I reported the matter to them.

Steve
Greenwood, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2003 07:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hubler-Chevrolet/Indianapolis-Indiana-46227/Hubler-Chevrolet-ripoff-unnecessary-repair-work-no-refund-Indianapolis-Indiana-47844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hubler Chevrolet