Complaint Review: Hughes Net, AT&T

• Reported By:Milwaukee Wisconsin
Hughes Net, AT&T
www.hughesnet.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Hughes Net, AT&T Deceptive Sales Milwaukee Wisconsin Nationwide

After moving into a new house, I called the 800 number from AT&T's website to try and set up internet at home. The person I talked to said that neither AT&T or any other provider had service in my area, and that Hughes Net was the only company that could provide service to me. This was a complete lie since I am in the city, and the previous resident had both AT&T and Time Warner (I asked them later).

They tried to high pressure sell me their $79.99 Hughes Net internet which had a $400 installation fee they told me. I called the local AT&T number from the phone book the next day and got set up for their DSL no problem. I'm not sure what the arrangement is between AT&T and Hughes but the 800 number tries to rip you off. I called both AT&T and Time Warner and they both verified that my address was set up for their services, while after this the 800 number from AT&T's website would still tell me that my address had no service available except for Hughes Net.

Joe
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2008 07:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net-ATT/nationwide/Hughes-Net-ATT-Deceptive-Sales-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-Nationwide-350916. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net, AT&T