• Report: #195534

• Submitted: Thu, June 08, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 08, 2006

• Reported By:Moscow Ohio
Hughes Net - Direcway
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Hughes Net - Direcway ripoff doesn't care Germantown Maryland

Ordered service from hughes net. I know big risk. But where we live is not serviced by dsl or cable and has marginal if that dialup.

Installer came to put in dw7000 etc and dish. Upon arrival I noted that the installer didn't have a ladder to get on my roof. He kept saying you'd do better with a pole mount. I am like I live on a very high ridge with a perfect view of the southern sky. He is like you'll have to reaim it due to wind in months etc.

So he telling the virtues of pole mounting etc. I had to leave my wife was here I said ok whatever. But he didn't give any estimate of what it would cost just did it and then said 190.00.

I know a pole is considered more but it would have been nice if he said upfront. Then he leave about 50ft of excess cable just thrown under my crawl space in a tangled mess. I also know that for the best reception and esp transmission you want a clean very little excess in the cable or as ohms law explain the more wire the more resistance the less performance.

I called said I was disappointed etc called hughes they said take it up with the installer. I felt they were saying just take it up the a** and deal with it.

Bottom line 3 days in my best dl has been 911mbps once most it is 408 -480 and my up has never exceeded 47k.

I get the set this and that in the browser and do this reset the modem etc. From some service rep located in a far away land that I can't understand. "outsourcing blows".

So I guess stuck with marginal service etc. I understand i'd would never get the speeds of true broadband but close to stated would be nice.

So in the end buyer beware. It isn't all its cracked up to be. I have contacted the local consumer reporter and they are doing an feature about it. Maybe if they get ahold of someone located on USA soil i'll get a response.

Tim
Moscow, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2006 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net-Direcway/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Hughes-Net-Direcway-ripoff-doesnt-care-Germantown-Maryland-195534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net - Direcway