Complaint Review: Hughes Net Highspeed Internet

• Submitted: Tue, July 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 15, 2008

• Reported By:La Monte Missouri
Hughes Net Highspeed Internet
11717 Exploration Ln. Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Hughes Net Highspeed Internet False Advertising of highspeed internet Germantown, Maryland

I have just gotten off the phone after and hour with technical support for Hughes Net. This is after waiting 3 days during which time I was asked to run speed test for consecutive days. Day two the connection was so slow I couldn't connet to Hughes site to do the speed test. After a long conversation about bandwidth and throughput I was told there was nothing that could be done because one out of three days the speed was near normal. I also was told in the contract with Hughes there was no gurantee of the speeds. I've read the contract and it says speeds up to but nothing about speeds down to. 13 kbps is a little bit slow even for dial up services these days. I insisted I be put through to advanced tech support and was told since nothing was wrong they were not authorized to do this. After half an hour of discussion I was put through and was told by advanced support everything was normal and they could do nothing. I feel I'm not receiving the service I've paid for and get nothing but excuses. There is no customer support to file a complaint with so there is no route to resolve issues. I've been a long time customer of Huges but now I'm looking for a new ISP. Next stop will be to the Board of Directors, FTC, BBB, and the Attorney General of Missouri. I wish any customer well in dealing with this company and getting results.

False advertising
La Monte, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2008 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net-Highspeed-Internet/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Hughes-Net-Highspeed-Internet-False-Advertising-of-highspeed-internet-Germantown-Maryland-351698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net Highspeed Internet