Complaint Review: Hughes Net Satalight Systems

• Submitted: Sat, October 25, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:Iuka Illinois
Hughes Net Satalight Systems
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Hughes Net Satalight Systems we were transfered from Illinois to Texas we are have 11 months left on our contract. We explained that we can not have satalights dishes in the area we are moving and hughes net is not in that area. They were very hateful and told us they would charge our credit card with a $300.00 shut off fee or we could find someone to take over our contract. We don't know anyone who wants this service. Germantown Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Sorry but

We are moving to Texas and called hughes net sevices to shut off our service on a certain date. But they said they couldn't let us out of our contract.(won't let us out) We have only two choices and either pay a $300.00 fee or find someone to take over the contract. If no one takes the contract over they will put the $300.00 fee on our credit card I told them the didn't have our permission to do that and they said we atomaticly gave them permission when we started up service. Which we didn't start up the service the Technisions who came to our house did everything for us. They said we didn't have to do a thing. They were very hateful with me on several occations and with my husband. They told us to shut off the service they will send it to the collection agency. I have done everything to explain that the company is transfering us, I have explained that there company is not in that area, I have explained that our home association will not allow dishes in the yards or on the houses says it looks untidy. And they say they still won't let us out of the contract. The only reason I went with this comany was because we live way out in the country and that was the only service we could get. And my husband needed internet for his work.

Pam

Pam
Iuka, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2008 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net-Satalight-Systems/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Hughes-Net-Satalight-Systems-we-were-transfered-from-Illinois-to-Texas-we-are-have-11-mont-384772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net Satalight Systems

Sorry but

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

Sorry but you signed a contract, probably for a year. It isn't the companies fault that you need to cancel the contract.

Pay the $300 and make sure they come and get all of their equipment before you move and document that. Read your original contract too and see who is responsible for repairing the holes where the dish was/is.

The next buyers might not want dish holes.