Complaint Review: Hughes Net Satellite Service

• Submitted: Tue, July 31, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, July 31, 2007

• Reported By:Lincoln California
Hughes Net Satellite Service
11717 Exploration Ln Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Hughes Net Satellite Service "Satellite Robbery!", system failure, lack of credibility, charged for poor service and no service and faulty equipment and shipping charges! Germantown Maryland

Mislead by commercials that claim faster internet connections, only to be sold the slowest piece of equipment known to man that fails minutes after the warranty expires- imagine that-- an hour and twenty minutes has been the shortest phone call I have experienced with customer service, only to be asked to "call back tomorrow when we might have an update for you."

Motem failure, forced to buy a new motem, well not really, they were going to sell me a refurbished motem for a higher price than the upgrade special they are currently advertising! So, I reluctantly agreed to pay for the upgrade only to receive it without a powersupply. I had to pay for that too, shipped seperately of course because I personnally didn't request it on the last two hour phone conversation that was "escalated" to technical support.

All the while going on 40 days now without internet capabilities, while I am waiting for parts to arrive. Still waiting, for a power supply that was supposed to have been shipped and received last week that they do not have a tracking number on. Please call back in 48 hours, we may have an update for you.

When I asked for a phone number to their corporate office so I could complain about this process, I was told their corporate office doesn't have telephones! I asked for the email address, but then remembered I don't have internet connection! I did get their address, so snail mail it is! I wonder if my complaint will get there before my powersupply arrives.

Amazing I am still receiving a bill for all this wonderful service they have provided to me.

Tired of being walked on...
Lincoln, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2007 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net-Satellite-Service/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Hughes-Net-Satellite-Service-Satellite-Robbery-system-failure-lack-of-credibility-ch-264407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net Satellite Service