Complaint Review: Hughes Net Wireless Internet

• Updated: Mon, March 19, 2012

• Reported By: Melinda5577 — Sissonville West Virginia United States of America
Hughes Net Wireless Internet

Hughes Net Wireless Internet Just bad Company Internet

I have been a hughes net costomer now for about 1 month. I have had dial up for as long as the Internet has been around. I have never had access or could affod wireless internet. Well I finally did get hughes net and it is so bad that I am considering going back to dial up. I mean I got the basic package and that alone costs me over $50.00 a month. Well thats what it was supposed to be anyway. I just got my first withdrawl from my account and they took out over $75.00 and told me it was for some kind of insurance. I have had non stop problems with this internet. I have spent 2 to 3 hours daily working on this stupid Internet. I have called them and they help me fix it at that time but then 20 min. later its doing the same thing. Now, part of my contract says they will have someone at my house within 24 hours if I request it. I called and asked them to send someone and that was 3 days ago. I still have not heard anything from either them or the tech himself. They also tried to tell me that if someone comes to my house within 24 hours they will have to bill me $25.00. I am an online student and have to have access to the Internet. I am also the mother of 4 children who use the Internet on occassion. Going to the local library is just not an option for me. I have been very patient with this company but I honestly would not reccommend to anyone looking for Internet Service to go through Hughes Net. they are expensive and very much not worth it. My neighbor got HughesNet before I did and she would allow for me to use her Internet from my house, but I had a very weak signal so I got HughesNet for me and the bad part is that I had the Internet better when I used hers. And that was over 300 feet away from my house. Now I have a hugh dish right in the middle of my front yard and bad Internet. I have only had this for about 1 month and I am already ready to get rid of it and go back to dial up. I mean dial up was slow but atleast it was always there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2012 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net-Wireless-Internet/internet/Hughes-Net-Wireless-Internet-Just-bad-Company-Internet-855941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net Wireless Internet