Complaint Review: Hughes Net - hughesnet.com

• Reported By:Bismarck North Dakota
Hughes Net - hughesnet.com
www.hughesnet.com Internet U.S.A.

Hughes Net Less then minumal service hughesnet.com Internet

We ordered Hughes net because our only available service was through satellite. Little did I know that it would be a nightmare like this.

First off we noticed that the service was extremly slow but we dealt with it for a while. But we later needed faster service at the house so we call Hughes net to find out what we could do about it. There suggestion was to upgrade to there next service package. So we did this thinking this would be better. We tried it for 2 weeks and the service was actually worse than before.

SO I called and told them I wanted to discontinue my service with them and they talked me into trying there highest available package. I tried to decline this but the offered to let me try it for 2 weeks for free and if we werent happy we could cancel it then. So we did.
Now this is where we are. I was at work offshore so my called to cancel Hughes net before the 2 weeks were up and the free package they offered.

My wife was 5 months pregnant at this time. There costumer service accused her that we hadn't given them any reports that the service was not working correctly. They stated that we had to pay a early termination fee and keep harasing my wife to the point that it cause her to get Braxtin Hicks.

Upon hearing from my wife what Hughes net did I called then from offshore to speak with a manager. After being put on hold for over a hour the person I was given to said that they couldn't do anything about the problems incured to my wife. With being upset I told them to shut off there service to my house which they did. I asked my wife to call them and tell them we needed a final bill in the mail so that we knew what we owed them.

They then informed my wife that we needed to return there equipment within 45 days. Well by the time I was able to return home and get there equipment returned to them it was 7 days late. So now we are being charged almost 800.00 for something that did not work to begin with.

Travis
Bismarck, North Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2009 02:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net-hughesnetcom/internet/Hughes-Net-Less-then-minumal-service-hughesnetcom-Internet-460975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net - hughesnet.com