Complaint Review: Hughes Net

• Submitted: Wed, November 11, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, November 26, 2009

• Reported By: John c — Dunbar West Virginia U.S.A.
Hughes Net
400 23rd Street Dunbar, West Virginia United States of America

Hughes Net My bank account was debited after I canceled service Dunbar, West Virginia

*Author of original report: Update

On October 6th while Hughes net was pointing my Satellite Dish my home burned to the ground.All I got out with was the clothes on my back.After paying $470.00 for the equipment I called to cancel service. We had very little money to survive and lo and behold on November 2nd They drew the service charge out of my account causing me over $167.00 overdraft fees and the initial charge with an additional $7.00 a day until 11/13/09 when my pay check will cover.After calling their customer service they said that they would not refund our money including the overdraft charges because we originally had agreeed to have funds automatically withdrawn from our debit card.Talk about kicking a person when they are down.This takes the cake.On November 2 I called and was told that they forgot to cancel the account and that my original service fee would be refunded minus the overdraft fees. Now they tell me that none of the money will be refunded.Help me Please. This world has gone nuts!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2009 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net/Dunbar-West-Virginia-25064/Hughes-Net-My-bank-account-was-debited-after-I-canceled-service-Dunbar-West-Virginia-522700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net

Update

AUTHOR: John c - (U.S.A.)

We never got a dime of our money back from Hughes Net as a matter of
fact on November 13th they drew out an other $400.00 from my account and
called it an early termination fee and said that they were going to
take another $200.00 since we did not have renters insurance.Talk about
a heartless company. It was at this time that I canceled my debit card.I called them several times and was connected with some one in India and after asking to speak to an American was told that that was not possible.