Complaint Review: Hughes Net

• Reported By: Pam — Norwalk Ohio
Hughes Net
11717 Exploration Ln Germantown, Maryland USA

Hughes Net They ripped me off! Germantown Maryland

I was hooked up with Hughes Net in April. I cancelled service on 5/31 due to poor internet service.  Hughes Net has charged us approx. $470 (internet service for 45 days).   I was not told by customer service that there was a 2 year contract on the service.  I'm told that it is in the fine print of form we signed when equipment was installed.  I have to send back equipment which means that I must climb onto our roof to get transmitter from the satellite dish.  This is not safe for us.  I am a 57 year old woman; my husband is 70.  We are both on disability.  Removal of equipment should be the responsibility of the provider.  Hughes Net needs to tell customer at the time customer calls for installation about the 2 year contract.  It is sneaky putting it fine print on form that we signed AFTER equipment is already installed.  In addition, charging $88 per month for internet service is ludicrous.  I'm now paying $75 for internet AND phone service.   Hughes Net needs to shut down!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2013 06:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net/Germantown-Maryland/Hughes-Net-They-ripped-me-off-Germantown-Maryland-1081199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net