Complaint Review: Hughes Net

• Reported By: MelissaM — Hillsdale Illinois United States of America
Hughes Net
Houston, Tx Houston, Texas United States of America

Hughes Net -A complete rip-off- They lie, DO NOT sign up Houston, Texas

I signed up in November of 2012.  It is now January 2013.  I was PROMISED from Hughes-Net that their service would allow gaming, movies, internet service would all be provided for approx. $80.00 a month.  After 2 weeks of service none of these services worked.  The internet service was not strong enough for any of the above.  I contacted customer service on a bi-weekly basis, upgraded my router, x-box and even computer and still to no avail it did not work.  Hughes-net kept telling me in a couple of weeks it will work, if you are unhappy you can cancel at anytime because you are having so much trouble.

Finally, today I had enough and cancelled it.  After 45 minutes of trying to cancel my service they did disconnect the service but now want a $300 cancellation fee!!!!  I am now having to go to my bank and put a stop-payment fee against Hughes-Net and who knows what will come.  To my dying day, I will NOT pay a cancellation fee for services not rendered.  They got enough money.

Also, installation was horrible.  I have an internet cable strung across my yard!!!  Are you serious?

DO NOT sign-up for their service.  A MAJOR scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 08:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net/Houston-Texas-/Hughes-Net-A-complete-rip-off-They-lie-DO-NOT-sign-up-Houston-Texas-996467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net