- Report: #1105861
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Hughes Net
Hughes Net2230 Outer Loop Bldg 4 Louisville, KY 40219 US , Select State/Province USA
Hughes Net RUN RUN RUN from HUGHES NET for internet service!!!! Fredericksburg TX
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This is absolutely one of the WORST companies I have ever used.
1) HORRIBLE CONNECTION: We have a remote ranch. I needed an internet connection while there. I used Hughes Net. From the beginning, the service was horrible. I'd get a connection for 20 minutes, then nothing for 15 minutes, then a connection for 15 minutes, then nothing for 30 minutes...on and on. Trying to get someone out there to fix was like pulling teeth. I'd leave a message at the installer who originally did it--then no call back. Finally got someone while we were gone. Slight improvement, but STILL the same issue.
I lived with this crappy connection for a year.
2) HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE: Then we had a buyer for our ranch. Closing is in a month. I tried to call Hughes Net. A recording simply said this was only for new subscribers only and to call 1-866-293-8945. About NINE times I tried, only to hear a click then an echo of my own voice.
I then tried myhughesnet.com, which the recording told me also to do. It rejected my original user name and password. THEY MAKE IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO BE IN TOUCH WITH THEM.
I next use a different phone so they wouldn't detect my number and so I could "imply" I want to sign up--the ONLY way I could get through to talk to anyone. I explain to the gal what I really needed. She says she can't help me and to call the above number. I explain in exasperation that I couldn't get through. I ask for another number. She says there is no other number. Oh really.
I finally go back to the above number and STILL had to endure nothing but a click, then echo. Finally, after a few more tries, I get through. I am told that I am "breaking" the contract, and that I either need to 1) transfer it to another house (I don't NEED two internet connections are my other house, for Christ's sake), or 2) pay 12 more months of something I can't use because I will have NO ranch to use it at, or 3) pay $220. They were HARD and COLD--it didn't matter if I would have no more ranch to sustain a satellite.
I also asked for an address in case my attorney wanted to contact them. Their reply?? There is no address. Oh really again.
Finally, they are sending the box to get their equipment back, but they are sending it to a REMOTE ranch with two locked gates. It will not arrive. Idiot company. I was forced to go through the same click/echo a good six times before I get someone. I am supposedly getting the box sent to our non-ranch house in town. We'll see.
RUN RUN RUN from Hughes Net.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2013 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net/Select-StateProvince/Hughes-Net-RUN-RUN-RUN-from-HUGHES-NET-for-internet-service-Fredericksburg-TX-1105861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.