Complaint Review: Hughes Net

• Reported By:Berkeley Springs West Virginia
Hughes Net
www.hughesnet.com Internet U.S.A.

Hughes Net Hughes Net Internet.... Why Won't It Work? Internet

I called again this morning to Huhges Net technical support. Why? Because for the third time in six months, I had no internet. Of course, the technical suppport specialist could not tell me why. Only that I needed to "power cycle" my modem. Again. This has happened twice now. The other time I had to call I waited a week for a installation technician to come to my house and move my dish back into alignment. When will it ever end? I pay for a monthly service. Out of the six months, I have paid for two weeks worth of service that I did not receive.

When I attempted to contact Customer Service, I quickly found out there is none. You can talk to a sales person, billing specialist or technical support. The billing specialist I spoke with today, explained to me that there is no Customer Service Department. I wonder why... So many phone calls reporting complaints that they decided to not have a department to handle them all? Maybe without Customer Service options on their phone log, they anticipate that people will simply hang up.

I did not. I would not. After hearing from the billing department that I would have to speak with them regading my complaint I did. Fully. I explained to the gentleman that my situation was very simple. The example I used was: If you purchased a car six months ago, and it left you broken down on the side of the road, three times since you bought it, you would go back to the dealership, right? I know I would.

No, the internet is not a car. However, the principal of the situation is, if you are paying for a product, you expect it to work. I questioned him if they were either selling an inferior product, or using inferior installation methods? I further went on to explain that over time, people such as myself will simply call to tell them not to fix their problems, just cancel my service.

I do believe that loding my complaint will not change the quality of the service. I do believe that waiting on hold for 15 minutes to speak to a supervisor that never appeared is the total extent of what I will receive from Hughe Net internet service. Absolutly nothing.

Shelley
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2008 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net/internet/Hughes-Net-Hughes-Net-Internet-Why-Wont-It-Work-Internet-332648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net