• Report: #1020755

• Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: Jay — Internet United States of America
Hughes Net

Hughes Net Lied about the service they provide Internet

I was told by the Hughes Net sales person that the plan I was asking about would allow remote access to my computers and cameras. I asked several times and the salesman said I would not have any problem on this plan. He did not offer any other plan. Well after the install I cannot remotely access. Come to find out Hughes Net does not allow it with the Gen 4 service. After talking to customer service they tell me that I would have to go to a business plan. I said no that I was lied to and wanted to cancel the service before the 30 day trial was over.  I was told that I would not get $200 of my $435 dollar payment back for installation. Then I was told I would have to disassemble the dish and send it back before I would get the $235 back. On top of that they advertise 10mb download speeds. The best I ever got was 5mb. Stay away from this company even if it means no internet service!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2013 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net/internet/Hughes-Net-Lied-about-the-service-they-provide-Internet-1020755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net