- Report: #1063266
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Hughes Net
Hughes Net Never said I would have to perform any labor for equipment return. Internet
*Consumer Comment: Be sure to read the contract
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I sighned up for Hughes net after the sales man informed me that the customer service staff was friendly and that the installation was free of charge.
When the installer showed up he tried to inform me that there maybe additional charges for the installation. The sales man negleted to tell me this. The installer tried to tell me of the charges for buried cabled. I explained to him that I was informed by the sales man the installation was free. If he had to bury 1000 feet of cable take it up with hughes net. apparently the installation company is only contracted to bury 25 feet of cable any additional burial was my responsibility.
I started having problems almost immediately with the service.
1) Trying to access my account with my user ID and password I set up I could not access my account at all.
2) I keep having to reset the modem to get internet access back.
3) I called technical support for help on this matter who keep asking the same questions over and over and won't conect me to their supervisor.
4) The speeds are not as promised by Hughes net. I keep timing out while trying to access web pages such as Yahoo, AOL, FaceBook or pages are just slow to load.
5) I have Cancelled my Hughes net account after 1 week.
6) I rented the equipment from Hughes net which included a mounting pole for the dish, the dish, and a modem, today I was informed while cancelling my account that I am to return all the equipment, I informed the individual that that was not a problem send out a technician to get it.
7) He informed me that it was my responsability that they would send boxes. I informed the individual that returning the equipment was not a problem but I would not perform any labor to remove the rented pole if they wanted it back they would have to send someone to dig it out of the concrete base the installer poured.
8) The individual said I could keep the pole but had to return the dish and modem. Again I informed him that was not a problem but I would not perform any labor or climb a ladder to remove the dish from the pole so he would have to send someone out to get it.
9) He asked me about the modem and I informed him that I would hand it over to the individual who performs the labor to remove the dish and pole. He then threatened to charge my account for unreturned equipment. I told them that my labor costs would be $1000.00 for me to perform any labor for Hughes net and he hung up.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2013 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net/internet/Hughes-Net-Never-said-I-would-have-to-perform-any-labor-for-equipment-return-Internet-1063266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.