Complaint Review: Hughes Net

• Updated: Mon, October 25, 2010

• Reported By: Shawni — Lancaster Ohio United States of America
Hughes Net

Hughes Net internet ordering scam Chicago, Internet

I ordered Hughes Net Internet service on line through the website.  They had two choices to choose from.  We chose to rent the equipment for 9.99 a month, w/free installation, basic service, 99.00 up front charge( which would be rebated) our first month bill should have been appro. 188.97 + tax on our credit card. Instead 511.17 came out of our account.  When calling the invoice # we were talking to folks in India.  Could hardly understand most of them.  They wanted a confirmation # which of course was never sent to our e-mail address and were told basically  tough.  They said we pushed the Buy the equipment button with 199.99 installation fee.  199.99 purchase the equipment w/another 199.00 coming out next month and no rebates.   Plus our 79.99 basic service fee. plus tax to = 511.17.  They couldnt provide proof that they sent us a confirmation although they wanted us to provide proof to them that that's what we purchased.  The manager hung up on me.  I was on the phone with 5 different people.  They wouldn't give me the cancellation # to cancel and then when I did find out the # (on my own) it was going to be 199.00 to cancel even within 30 days.  However the bright side of the matter is that I researched and called numerous #'s trying to find out an American corporate number and finally got in touch with an american who listened to me and spoke to her manager.  We should be getting a credit back of 322.20 - tax.  If this  goes through without any hitches I will let you  know.  For future reference never order online.  Talk to an individual who can verify what you are ordering and send you a hardcopy not a confirmation on your e-mail.  (you may not recieve it).  Also, if you do order hughes net do not call the number on the invoice you will be in INDIA (18663473292).  Call this # in America 1-866-293-8949).  They on the other hand were wonderful to work with and I would recommend Hughes Net Corporate America to anyone.  If this changes I will let you know.  It's time to stop outsourcing jobs and keep them in America so we can at  least get decent service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net/internet/Hughes-Net-internet-ordering-scam-Chicago-Internet-654880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net