Complaint Review: Hughes Net

• Reported By: JBanks — Baytown Texas
Hughes Net
Nationwide USA

Hughes Net Ridiculous and Fraudlent Baytown Nationwide

I looked into this company for internet service. I signed up on January 23 online. They sent out a technician that Sunday to install. When the technician arrived he advised that I needed to purchase a router for downstairs. I purchased it and then he left. Needless to say, the internet never worked. So, I decided to cancel the service. Canceled the service on February 1st. The operator told me that I didn't owe anything because I didn't use the service. Well a month, down the road I receive a bill for $400. I call in and they explain that they never cancelled the service. My response was your company sent me an email stating it was cancelled on February 1st, so anything accrued after that is on you. The male operator then tells me I will credit your account $100 and something dollars but you still owe the rest. I explained that I mailed their equipment back the second week it was canceled and you received it. He then states that I didn't return a piece. My question was what piece? He stated the piece on the top of the house. My response to him was I didn't place that piece there, have no clue if the piece really exist. So, if you want it, by all means please come and get it. He then say that its not his job and that I need to return their equipment. I stated I returned what I had inside the home, anything outside is unknown because I didn't place it there. After many battles I hung up. Hughes Net has been trying to charge me $216 for months now, and I continue to tell them I owe you nothing and if that piece is so important come get it. I have not seen asnyone as of yet, so I guess its not that important. But, I will not be paying them anything especially since I returned the equipment in the box they sent .

Be on the look out these people are fraudulent!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2014 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Net/nationwide/Hughes-Net-Ridiculous-and-Fraudlent-Baytown-Nationwide-1160463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Net