Complaint Review: Hughes Network Systems - Direcway

• Submitted: Fri, April 07, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, April 07, 2006

• Reported By:Lubbock Texas
Hughes Network Systems - Direcway
www.myhughesnet.com Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-347-3292
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Hughes Network Systems - Direcway ripoff Chicago Illinois

This company is supposed to be providing me with a reliable internet connection, but they keep having equipment problems. I cannot use dial-up and there is no other service available in this area.

Since March 6, 2006, my service is interrupted at least 6 or more times every day for periods of anywhere from 1 minute to over an hour. Each time this happens I get an error message stating the problem is with their equipment.

I work for a large company and the internet is my connection to them. Each time I lose my internet, I am also losing time from work. I cannot begin to list all the problems this is causing both me and the company.

I have tried calling Hughes/Direcway many, many times. I always end up on hold for literally hours. Last week I held for 2 1/2 hours before giving up. One time I reached a person who apologized, said it was their equipment, gave me a case number and said to call back if it happened again.

I've tried contacting them through their website, but I lose my connection before I ever get to the help area.

I pay a lot each month for this service and I am definitely not getting what I pay for. I have resorted to writting and mailing a letter requesting credit for all the down time and improved service.

As soon as there is other internet service in my area, I will change. Though I don't know how I will cancel Hughes/Direcway as it appears to be impossible to contact them.

Holly
Lubbock, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2006 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Network-Systems-Direcway/Chicago-Illinois-60693/Hughes-Network-Systems-Direcway-ripoff-Chicago-Illinois-185482. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Network Systems - Direcway