Complaint Review: Hughes Network Systems / HughesNet

• Submitted: Sun, July 18, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, July 18, 2010

• Reported By: Gary — Brashear Texas United States of America
Hughes Network Systems / HughesNet

Hughes Network Systems / HughesNet I was told that set me up with a trial service after a tornado ruined my other service. When I canceled due to poor service they charged a $400 disconnect fee. Internet

After a tornado disrupted my internet service I called my Dish Network provider. I was directed to a Direct TV provide. The sales rep told me it would be cheaper to switch to Direct TV and get free installation and service for 3 months which I have no problem with. While talking to him he mentioned that I could sign up for a "trial" with Hughesnet. I agreed and set up installation. When the installer arrived I asked about how much upload I got with the service and that I needed at least 500 upload speed. He made a call and said that I would get it with the $75 month account.

The upload speed was never close to 500 and the service never worked it would be on and drop every 10 minutes. Calling customer service and talking to the people in India was futile. I did everything they instructed. Nothing I tried made any difference.

When I called I was told there would be a $400 disconnect fee for the "trial" and that when I signed that I had agreed to a two year agreement. The two year agreement was never mentioned and I never saw it on the form that I signed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2010 05:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Network-Systems-HughesNet/internet/Hughes-Network-Systems-HughesNet-I-was-told-that-set-me-up-with-a-trial-service-after-a-624532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Network Systems / HughesNet