Complaint Review: Hughes Network Systems, LLC

• Submitted: Mon, April 27, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, April 27, 2009

• Reported By:Harvard Illinois
Hughes Network Systems, LLC
myhughesnet.com Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Hughes Satellite Network, Hughes Network Systems, LLC Hughes Net technical support is horrible Germantown Maryland

Hughes Net Satellite systems in general is horrible.

It started out with the installation. It took 10 days to get the installation completed and in the end I feel it was the lousy installation job that was the reason for the poor performance of the systems itself. The connections and dish were loose and several of the connections were burnt.

Technical Support didn't know what they were doing or just too lazy to do it. They always blamed it on the weather even if it was sunny out.

As an end result, I early terminated my service and switched to cable internet and save about 70%. In the end they wanted to charge me $300 early termination and told me I was responsible for sending back the equipment at my charge. So if this happens to you, file a complaint with Better Business Bureau and the Bureau will send them a report of your file. In the end they waived my early termination fee, sent me a shipping label to send the equipment back at their expense.

If you will check the BBB website, you will see that Hughes has had over 680 complaints the last year. Only a few have not been settled on.

This company must know that they are going to have this trouble with filed complaints. They have several reps handling complaints every day.

I would use dial up before I would go back to using this company for my internet services.

Gary
Harvard, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2009 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Network-Systems-LLC/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Hughes-Satellite-Network-Hughes-Network-Systems-LLC-Hughes-Net-technical-support-is-horr-446804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Network Systems, LLC