Complaint Review: Hughes Network Systems.

• Submitted: Fri, November 17, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, November 17, 2006

• Reported By:wittmann Arizona
Hughes Network Systems.
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Hughes Network Systems,Direcway Trying to charge me early termination fee of $300.00 after 12 months. Payed $600.00 for equiptment & installation. No paperwork of a 15 month contract. Germantown Maryland

After moving to a rural area outside of Phoenix, the only way to get an internet connection was dial up or Satellite. Since Direcway, now Hughes.net claimed to be 10 times faster then dial up FOR ONLY $600.00 equiptment & installation and $60.00 per month I could get on line.

After 12 months Qwest offered DSL service. A lot cheaper & a lot faster. I called to cancel. I didn't know until my bank statement came that I was charged for early termination. When I spoke to them about never being told or signing any paperwork that stated I was aggreeing to a 15 month contract I was told it was a verble aggreement and I should go to their website and look it up.

I called my bank and filled a dispute form. I was refunded the money. Hughes never contacted my bank again. I am still getting a bill from them saying I owe them. I would like to get anyones advice on what to do before this appears on my credit report. Everyone I have spoken to doesn't have an answer.

Jacalyn
wittmann, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2006 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Network-Systems/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Hughes-Network-SystemsDirecway-Trying-to-charge-me-early-termination-fee-of-30000-after-221113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Network Systems.

expenditures