• Report: #205559

• Submitted: Thu, August 10, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, September 08, 2006

• Reported By:Lake Stevens Washington
Hughes Network Systems
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

HughesNet Satelite Internet Hughes Network Systems - Direcway ripoff salesperson lie to get you to purchase the system Germantown Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to resolve your complaint

Sales person for HughesNet formerly known as DirecWay lied to me to make a sell. I am in the U.S. Military serving my country. I was transferred to an area of the United States that did not have DSL. I was supposed to be assigned to the duty station for two years. Before I agree to any contract I asked the sale person on the phone if for some reason I get transferred early can I cancel the contract? She replied yes. We do make this provision for the military.

I got PCS orders three months before my contract expired. I put this to the test and the company charged me a cancellation fee. They kept charging my credit card after I faxed them a copy of my PCS orders 4 times. I made over 6 phone calls to the customer service. This company does not provide fair service to military members. Avoid them. Customer Service is very poor. Another issue the service is not as fast as advertised. Dialup is faster. Warning the advertising is very deceptive. $59.99 a month is a lot of money when you can get better speed through dialup.

David
Lake Stevens, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2006 09:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Network-Systems/Germantown-Maryland-20876/HughesNet-Satelite-Internet-Hughes-Network-Systems-Direcway-ripoff-salesperson-lie-to-ge-205559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Network Systems

We would like to resolve your complaint

AUTHOR: RMA - (U.S.A.)

We would like to resolve your complaint/issue individually.

Please give us a way that we can contact you so that we may address your concerns.

rmaconsumer@hns.com