Complaint Review: Hughes Networking Systems, DirecWay

• Submitted: Fri, February 17, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, February 17, 2006

• Reported By:Centuria Wisconsin
Hughes Networking Systems, DirecWay
dway.com , Maryland U.S.A.

Hughes Networking Systems, DirecWay ripoff misrepresents their product and doesn't give full refund Germantown Maryland

I had the satellite service for a total of 6 days. I had a total of about 3 days of service (which was interupted because of the wind blowing or light snow).

I was totally unsatisfied with this service as I was told it would be so much better than my old dial up account I had. It was not better...it was worse.

On 1/30/06 I spoke with Mike and explained this to him. I also told him that I would call the service department and be on hold for almost 2 hours waiting to speak with someone. By that time the satellite would be working again and then there was nothing they could do about it. He appoligized and said that my credit card would be credited for the full $696.27. He also sent me out boxes to send the satellite contoller and the modem back to them. On 2/1/06 he had credited my credit card for $51.04.

I called DirecWay (Hughes Network) and they said this credit was just for the monthly service fee I was charged on my credit card.

On 2/3/06 I Fed Ex the box with the items they wanted back. They recieved them a few days later. On 2/17/06 I called DirecWay back inquiring about my full refund. I spoke with Melissa and she said it would be on my credit card by 2/22/06 but I would still be charged $199.00 for an installation fee. I told her Mike had told me that I was not liable for anything and that I would be receiving a full credit of $696.27 on my credit card. I than asked to talk with Mike. She said she didn't think he worked there anymore. So I asked to speak with the manager.
A woman named Tangerine said she was the manager. I explained the problem and she said I would be getting a credit for $422.00. That the rest of the charges I owed.
She appoligized for the wrong information Mike gave me.
I told her I was contacting the BBB.

I spoke with 3 different people and they all told me different amounts that I would be receiving on my credit card.

I think it is wrong that their service was misrepresented to me to get me to purchase their product. I returned it within a more than respectable time frame and was very, very unhappy with it.

I am disputing this charge on my credit card.
The total charge was $696.27 with a credit so far of $51.04. They owe me a balance of $645.23.

Centuria, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2006 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-Networking-Systems-DirecWay/Maryland/Hughes-Networking-Systems-DirecWay-ripoff-misrepresents-their-product-and-doesnt-give-fu-176712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes Networking Systems, DirecWay