Complaint Review: Hughes internet / Dish TV services by HughesNet

• Updated: Sun, July 22, 2012

• Reported By: Net — Boles Arkansas United States of America
Hughes internet / Dish TV services by HughesNet
unknown Nationwide United States of America

Hughes internet / Dish TV services by HughesNet proved dieing mother, still must pay unknown, Nationwide

My 73 yr old mother signed up for Hughes internet service and dish tv service with this HughesNet, and her payment is automatic paid from her checking.  Having the service just over 60 days,  she became terminally ill, and on Hospice.  I, being with power of attorney over her, contacted Hughes to explain she is no longer in her home and to please help cancel her service.  They told me to send proof of her being on Hospice, which I did, than they tell me to send proof of my POA, and I did.  They call me again and tell me they are going to charge her $400 to cancel her contract service and this payment will be taken out immediatley, which is all she makes a month on SS !!!  I could not believe they were going to take a dieing womans monthly SS check, or even charge her after sending in what they wanted !!  I am not sure my ma was even in her right mind when she signed up for this in the first place as no one was present with her !!  This is an Medical emergency, and I have proven it with what they wanted over the days and Hospice faxed the information in for me !!  I was left to believe they were going to help her, not charge her !!  Why did I have to send all this personal information if they were not going to help her !!!  Ripped off, and they have this information on her now and on me since they wanted her/my power of attorney information !!!  They called me again a few days later and offered me a deal of taking off $20 off the $400. [continued below]....
.........  I told them they were not going to get my ma's monthly check, to just leave the service on at $90 a month.  When my ma dies, they will no longer get thier money... she only has days now to live.  So so sad.   I would not recommend Hughes to anyone!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2012 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughes-internet-Dish-TV-services-by-HughesNet/nationwide/Hughes-internet-Dish-TV-services-by-HughesNet-proved-dieing-mother-still-must-pay-unk-915669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes internet / Dish TV services by HughesNet