Complaint Review: HughesNet - Direcway

• Submitted: Tue, April 17, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, April 17, 2007

• Reported By:Gainesville Georgia
HughesNet - Direcway
www.hughesnet.com Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

HughesNet - DiRECWAY Ripoff, company is full of EXCUSES for poor customer service internet service Germantown Maryland

I got this sorry excuse for internet service when I got screwed by my other ISP, BellSouth. I believed that it would have been at least equivalent, but boy was I wrong. The service is fast for the first week, but afterwards the speeds just deteriorate. They promise 700 kbps with their starter package, and by the 20th day I was running around 250 kbps. This is when I discovered that hundreds of other people had the same problem and when they contacted customer service, there were only excuses to explain the lack of performance.

Additionally, the customer "service" representatives are as rude as can be and never shipped me out the boxes I need to return their equipment for a refund. I lost 599 dollars with this pathetic company. I hope that they go out of business, or at least get out of the United States and market their junk elsewhere.

Patrick
Gainesville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2007 06:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet-Direcway/Germantown-Maryland/HughesNet-DiRECWAY-Ripoff-company-is-full-of-EXCUSES-for-poor-customer-service-internet-244393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet - Direcway