Complaint Review: HughesNet Hughes IPS

• Updated: Sun, August 03, 2008

• Reported By:Carson California
HughesNet Hughes IPS
Germantown,MD Nationwide U.S.A.

HughesNet Hughes Network Systems LLC HughesNet Slow speeds, No download or streaming RIP OFF Germantown, Maryland

I live in a mobile home park. We have only satellite access. After paying for all the dish/box equipment over $800 ($150 extra for the mobile home roof mount)$89.99 a month, it was never disclosed to me about the unfair FAP policy. They don't disclose this to new customer, if you had know you never would have bought this pricey service. The first month I was double billed, when I had asked why I had already paid for the 1st months service in the original installation, they said that just the way its billed. I am discused that in the United States you can get away with extortion and call yourself an ISP. The way the contact is set up they will charge you with a $400 early termination fee, they have the right to charge you what ever and when ever they seem fit.

I had no access to any of the contract information when I signed it it was all over the website and phone. Not did they mail anything for me to sign or look over. I really debated over signing a 2 year conract and everything in my head was saying don't do this. But I do not have access to DSL, Cable or broadband where I live, like many others my hands were tied. I cannot download movies from Netfilx, I cannot download videos for work or educational purposes, or even files from my friends. I get speeds and access equal to the dial up I was paying $14.95 a month for. In any other industry this is fraud and extortion. DO NOT BUY HUGHESNET.

Mercedes
Carson, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2008 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet-Hughes-IPS/nationwide/HughesNet-Hughes-Network-Systems-LLC-HughesNet-Slow-speeds-No-download-or-streaming-RIP-O-358757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet Hughes IPS