Complaint Review: HughesNet - Hughes.Net - Directway

• Submitted: Fri, August 07, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, November 17, 2009

• Reported By:Dover Ohio
HughesNet - Hughes.Net - Directway
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

HughesNet - Hughes.Net - Directway Hughes Fair acess policy = Bait and switch scam Germantown Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Similar FAP experiences

*Consumer Comment: 200 MB isn't much

Warning FAP Bait and switch tactic. I have been with hughes net 4 days now, and have been flagged the entire time. After 2 phone calls in two days I was educated. Phone call #3 on day 4, of service, proved to me, they are using this as an up-sell tactic, But the download information they had on record was not accurate. In fact they used the same information given to me on call # 2. After call #2 we monitored our usage, and its impossible that it exceeded 200mb. Of course I have experienced all fun everyone else has that posted on rippoffreport.com regarding Hughes net. I will continue to monitor our usage, and if this continues I will take action.
David
Dover ohio

Dbaioxi
Dover, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2009 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet-HughesNet-Directway/Germantown-Maryland-20876/HughesNet-HughesNet-Directway-Hughes-Fair-acess-policy-Bait-and-switch-scam-German-477345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet - Hughes.Net - Directway

Similar FAP experiences

AUTHOR: kgibson181 - (United States of America)

I to have been screwed over with the fap policy.  With my plan I am supposed to have around 250MB in allowance.  But I get cutoff somewhere around 175 or 180.  I have tried to call but I keep being told that it is a temporary issue and should be resolved within that same billing period.  Will it has continued for 4 months and I am getting fed up.  Some of us pay over 100 dollars for what cable companies charge 20 bucks for speed-wise without fap, but we have to deal with fap and you still cant honor what amount you say we are allowed to use.
And then since most of us only have this service because it is the only thing available in in our area we are forced to deal with this.  Or we cant afford to pay your outrageous cancellation fees nearing 1000 dollars in some cases.  Are you crazy hughes net, all you have to do is send a guy out for your satellite and modem, not charge us just because we are canceling your horrible service.  If the problem continues on my end I intend to file a claim to be able to cancel for free for the false advertisement of their services.  If they do not honor my request I will file a suit with the same reasoning.  Simply put hughes net, either update your services to acceptable standards, or stop trying and spend all your money you get from us in another industry.

200 MB isn't much

AUTHOR: Hugh Jass - (U.S.A.)

The policy was given to you...you didn't read it.
Satellite internet should be a last resort because of policies like this.
200 MB is only 40-50 songs or 15ish minutes of video.
You claim you will "take action". What, exactly, will you do? The policy is there and you agreed to it. It sucks, but it's there. You have 2 choices...cancel or live with it. Go ahead and delude yourself but those are the only 2 choices open to you.