Complaint Review: HughesNet

• Submitted: Fri, May 11, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 11, 2012

• Reported By: Michele — Camdenton Missouri United States of America
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, Maryland United States of America

HughesNet I placed three service calls all resulting in no response, except a $270 termination fee once I told them to come and pick up their equipment. Germantown, Maryland

HughesNet advertises excellent customer service and an "always-on" internet connection.  This is a boldface lie and fraud.  I called the company on a Monday after having no internet service for five days.  The very polite gentleman told me to wait by my phone on the following day, Tuesday, from 8am - noon as a technician would be out to fix the problem.  No one called and no one showed up.

I called back the following day, Wednesday, and placed a second repair order with another extremely polite phone representative. She said she had two orders on record, so someone would definitely call to come out on the following day.  She also advised a stay close to the phone so I could receive a call from the technician regarding his or her visit.  No on called and no one showed up.

I called back today, Friday, after missing one and a half days of work now being out of internet service for ten days.  I was greeted with another very pleasant voice, hold time, and no options.  I explained that I could not afford to miss any more work, as teachers don't get very much time off and I would get docked $240.00 for missing work.  I also explained that I wanted them to come out and pick up their equipment.  No one is going to call or show up on this request either.

My commitment of 24 months included internet service from this fraudulent company as I would pay them for this service.  I have paid regularly for the service, and as I see it -- THEY BROKE CONTRACT -- not me!

Their disclaimers and fine print make it difficult to fight legally.  Ethically, this company is wrong.  If anyone knows of a way to shut down this operation, please respond.  It is an absolute shame what HughesNet is doing and calling business.  The BBB and FTC should do something about their false advertising and fineprint disclaimers.  The commitment completely single-sided.  HughesNet has no intentions on following through on any of their advertising or customer service promises.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2012 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/Germantown-Maryland-20876/HughesNet-I-placed-three-service-calls-all-resulting-in-no-response-except-a-270-termin-881404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet