Complaint Review: HughesNet

• Updated: Wed, November 03, 2010

• Reported By: CAdams — Campbellsburg Kentucky United States of America
HughesNet
Internet, Maryland United States of America

HughesNet Direcway voided contract. when complained about not entered on my personal file with company Internet, Maryland

I ordered HughesNet because I live in a rural area where dial up is not feasible.  HughesNet offered a more faster way to get what I needed out of the internet.  On February 2009 I had a two system installed at my home.  At first the service was great and what I expected according to the advertisement and installer.  After about six months the service started to drop off.  I complained about the service and they which I am referring to HughesNet said it was peak times and that was the problem.  I would like to remind my readers that the call center of HughesNet is located in the Phillippines.  Anyhow, in I complained again at various times and the speed just kept getting slower.  On August 2010 I told them that I do not want the service no longer and that I want a refund of my monthly fee due to my complaint and the service to be terminated.  Although, the service was terminated early the company reluctantly did say they would refund my monthly money and wave my early termination fee. I recently found out on November 2 that a fee of $318 dollars and 253 dollars were taken from my account along with a 25 dollar re-activation fee.  Once I called HughesNet they stated that they have not received my equipment. Which they did not give me the address to send the equipment too until now after I complained about the monies taken.  The company stated that they were refund the 25 dollars due to a clich in the system and that they would refund the 318 when they receive their equipment, which was sent out today November 3.  However, they would not refund the 253 that they said was waved.  I feel that with poor service and them not upholding their service with High Speed Internet they advertise that they are at fault and that I should not be held accountable for their service. Additionally, they said that they waved the early termination fee but yet charged it later to me.  That is not right but lieing on there behalf.

Charles

Campbellsburg, KY

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2010 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/Internet-Maryland-/HughesNet-Direcway-voided-contract-when-complained-about-not-entered-on-my-personal-file-658035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet