Complaint Review: HughesNet

• Submitted: Tue, August 13, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, August 13, 2013

• Reported By: Margaret — Lexington North Carolina
P.O. Bx 3475, Toledo, OH 43607-0475 , Select State/Province USA

HughesNet Promised that service would work in my area (Welcome, NC) and the usage would be surfice as to what my family used internet service for. OH

Disatisfied with internet service and usage availability.  When purchased, was assured that I we would not run out of usage. Contacted company several times during service and never got it to the point of complete satisfaction.  Now service is off due to failure to pay my bill.  The internet was slow, opened websites back to back, and used up my service that was available for no reason.  Tokens were purchased but never appeared in my download area but were used up.  Now they tell me that my account will be turned over to collections on 9/15 for past due bill of $248.57 which I wanted to see if they could take off some of the fee for my disappointments and the answer was no...to add to this amount will be $325.00 which we discussed in detail before purchase....the equipment can be returned but I would have to pay someone to take something off the dish to mailed back to them and if I don't, another $300.00 will be added.  This company is a joke and they should not be in business.  Oh, when I first got the service a virus infected one of my PC's.  It has been one thing after another but I kept trying to make it right and little did I know that it would cost me this much.  I'm just not happy!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/Select-StateProvince/HughesNet-Promised-that-service-would-work-in-my-area-Welcome-NC-and-the-usage-would-b-1075398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet