Complaint Review: HughesNet

• Submitted: Sun, January 22, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, January 23, 2012

• Reported By: Chet — Berryville Virginia United States of America
HughesNet

HughesNet Did not deliver promised service and stole $400.00- called it a cancellation fee during the trail period Internet

*UPDATE Employee: RE; 826638 - We Can Fix That!

*UPDATE Employee: We Can Fix This

This is the WORST Service I've ever had. The internet service is slower than slow. So slow in fact that I was unable to load Google or even Facebook on my computer most of the time. I contacted tech support on several occasions and the problem would be fixed for a very brief period of time only. In a few hours or the next day the service would slow to a crawl once again.

After numerous calls to tech support I cancelled the service during the trial period. This company went ahead and debited my account and literally stole $400.00 from me. They said it was owed the cancellation fee. I cancelled during the trial period. It's been 3 weeks since I cancelled the service and I still have not received my $400.00 refund. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER USING THIS COMPANY. The customer service and tech support staff are useless.

I ended up tethering my cell phone AT&T to my laptop and found it to be 3-4 times faster than this lame service.

DO NOT waste your money or your time with this company or its service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2012 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/internet/HughesNet-Did-not-deliver-promised-service-and-stole-40000-called-it-a-cancellation-fe-826639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet

RE; 826638 - We Can Fix That!

AUTHOR: ellenm - (United States of America)

HughesNet service is designed for areas not passed by cable modems.  We recognize we cannot compete with all technologies.  However, if configured properly, you should be getting service comparable to DSL.

If you were charged an early termination fee after having your trial period extended and you haven't received a refund yet, we need to investigate.  Let's see if it's delayed or still in process.

Call us at the corporate office number and we'll look into it for you.  Due to the rules of this forum, I cannot give you the corporate office number but it's available.  We'll get to the bottom of this.

We Can Fix This

AUTHOR: ellenm - (United States of America)

HughesNet is designed for areas of the US not passed by cable modems.  We recognize that our speed cannot compete with all technologies.

But, if you were charged an early cancellation fee during the free trial period, something's wrong and it can be fixed at the corporate office.

Give the office a call and get back to us in the forum.  Due to the rules of this forum I cannot provide you that number but it is available.