stuck

• Submitted: Mon, April 15, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: b — Alva Florida
HughesNet

HughesNet Gen4 These people are huge rip-offs and liars. When you get this and then have problems, they then tell you the service is guaranteed for "up to" 15mbps, Internet

I got this service and was promised it would work at 15MBPS and if not I could cancel within 30 days for no charge.
Of course it did not work and after endless hours on the phone trying to make it work, when tested by HughesNet had a speed of .58, not even close to 15, they then said well we meant "up to" 15 and .58 is "up to" 15, What?????? how can they be sooooo corrupt? What huge LIARS! I did cancel in like 10 to 12 days and sent back their equipment, which I had to go up on the roof to remove in order to send them. They told me to do that, I am 70 years old with replacement knees and I told them that and they still tell me to do that!
Now they call me daily, months after the cancellation and ask me to call them about my overdue account. I do not have an account as it was cancelled months ago, I owe them nothing. When I call they tell me 20 to 30 minute wait, probably more angry customers. They actually expect you to wait to talk to them about an account that does not exist? These people are inept, corrupt, liars, cheats, thieves and idiots to think anyone would believe such asinine BS. DO NOT even consider dealing with them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/internet/HughesNet-Gen4-These-people-are-huge-rip-offs-and-liars-When-you-get-this-and-then-have-p-1043322. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet