Complaint Review: HughesNet

HughesNet
Internet USA

HughesNet Horrible service and company Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We're Here to Help

Signed up with HughesNet in 2011. May 26 was the install date on my roof the day I signed the paperwork. Throughout the 2 years of service, it was slow and timed out repeatedly. Horrible service. Finally 2 years were  up with many complaints and really no satisfaction what so ever. On May 26 2013 I called HughesNet to cancel my service and tell them I had removed the equipment off the roof. I was hung up on 3 times...finally gave up and called the next day May 27, 2013...only one hang up and cancelled the service being told I would get charged the next month charge because I was a day late in calling...ARGHHHH. She finally gave in and stated the charge of $66.94 would be refunded. Called again on June 17,2013. Money still being refunded but now it will take 45 days not 30 as I had been told. Called again on June 30, 2013 after seeing yet another charge on my credit card for $20.22. After extended complaint conversation with a HughesNet "flunky"... he stayed his Supervisor was on another phone call and for me to to call back the next day. Talk about frustration. They were now trying to tell me I had terminated my contract "early" because my contract did not start until the day they had billed me...what?? an additional month...June? Yet the equipment was on my roof and I signed papers on May 26 2011. Finally gave up and called my bank to dispute the transactions and they will handle it. In general HUGHESNET SUCKS as a business. Oh yes also in the beginning they had a computer glitch with my credit card and I could never use that credit card again with them because their computer system kept kicking it out. I had to give them another credit card for billing.... Really bad company!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2013 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/internet/HughesNet-Horrible-service-and-company-Internet-1063308. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet

We're Here to Help

AUTHOR: Sara for Hughes - ()

To Whom It May Concern,

I’m very sorry to hear about your most recent experience with us. This is not the norm. I’d like to make sure that this doesn’t happen again by properly reviewing the processes and individuals involved with your transactions. In addition, if you have any outstanding concerns I’d like to help address them. Please email your account number or the phone number associated with your account, along with the name on the account and a link to this thread to communitysupport@hughes.com. Your account information will allow me to access your account notes as well as make sure that all of your concerns have been fully addressed. Thank you, Sara