Complaint Review: HughesNet

• Updated: Tue, July 02, 2013

• Reported By: pmw — Rockville Indiana
HughesNet
Internet USA

HughesNet Hourly Data Useage - While All Equipment Is Turned Off. Slow - Sluggish Internet Service. Poor Customer Service Response Time Internet

*Author of original report: Failed to help

*Author of original report: Hughes Net Help

*UPDATE Employee: We're Here to Help

In January I was told I needed to upgrade to the new Gen4 internet in order to get the better internet connection and faster speeds I had been promised the 2 previous years. I was swinndled by the installer, who insisted he take the equipment I had previously purchased from HughesNet. Not only had the service not improve I notice right away I was going through an extreme amount of data useage.

I began watching the useage meter/charts and found that even when my computers where completely shutdown there was still hourly useage being consumed at atleast a rate of 2-5 kb per hour. I contacted hughesnet tech support, test were run, system was reset, then more promises where made yet the problem was not corrected.

I was able to aquire a corporate number where I began communicating with them. Where he agreed to give me the credits I was duehelp solve these issues. After several calls and several months there is still poor services issues and the data is still being used when not actually in use.

I have tried for months to get this corrected and even at a corporate level no one is actively trying to correct this issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 07:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/internet/HughesNet-Hourly-Data-Useage-While-All-Equipment-Is-Turned-Off-Slow-Sluggish-Interne-1063783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet

Failed to help

AUTHOR: pmwilkey - ()

Sara requested information about my account and then pass my complaint back to William the same individual that has lacked in handling these issues for 7-8 month now which ended with no change. I am still being charged for service that is being depleted every minute by an unknown source... truely criminal.

William called with more excuss and no answers. I will be following up with every consumer agency including but not limited to the state/federal government attorney general consumer affaires bbb the rip off report etc. Everyone should do the same let everyone know every dirty little trick they pull don't stop until they stop.

Hughes Net Help

AUTHOR: pmwilkey - ()

I have contacted hughesnet more than 15 times about these concerns. Each call recieved a new case number so the contact date was updated. I will send my information to the e-mail you provided I do not know how to included a link here but I will reference this report in that message.

Thank you for replying I look forward to working this out and hope you can/will actual help.

We're Here to Help

AUTHOR: Sara for Hughes - ()

Hello pmw, I'd like to help. It sounds like you've already touched base with us via phone. If you have a recent case number please post it here. If not, please send an email with your account number or the phone number associated with your account, the name on your account and a link to this thread to communitysupport@hughes.com. I look forward to helping you address your concerns. Thank you, Sara