Complaint Review: HughesNet

• Submitted: Fri, September 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, September 19, 2008

• Reported By:Baytown Texas
go.gethughesnet.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Hughes Net, HughesNet Over charged installation and Poor service Houston Nationwide

I switched to Hughes Net due to my satisfaction with Direct TV , I was to only be charged 199.00 for installation . The installation man only half did the job , I have the eqipment he required me to purchase sittin on my floor due to not enough cable to move the router and motum anyplace else . He left me with unsecured Wireless and I can only access internet occassionally . He refused to install the dish where I wanted it .

I have pages of calls made to the company that refuses to send service man back out , Then my credit card which I did not authorize charges was charged $900.+ dollars for installation and 1st month bill . They said the charges are justified . They repeatedly refused to let me cancel my service starting the day after installation and promised to resolve the problem .

My husband is in Iraq and the Net is my means of communication with him . Please help me recoup my loss's and get this stuff out of my yard so I can afford to go with a company that will help me . This communications with this company has gone on for 2 months now and I have come to the end of my rope in trying to get proper service ..

Baytown, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2008 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/nationwide/Hughes-Net-HughesNet-Over-charged-installation-and-Poor-service-Houston-Nationwide-374361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet