Complaint Review: HughesNet

• Reported By: Daniel — Lexington Kentucky
HughesNet
Nationwide USA

HughesNet Don't believe everything they tell you Nationwide

Contacted (by phone) HughesNet about internet service. Told the salesman exactly what I needed and wanted (internet with video streaming). Expected and got the sales push for things I did not want, but rejected these. The salesman assured me multiple times that the plan he was selling me would provide what I wanted. I should have been alerted when the salesman spent 5 minutes at the end of this reading company disclaimers (at a high rate of speed and a low voice). In truth, although I was on the phone, I found myself checking my back pocket for my wallet. When the installer arrived about 3 days later he said I am here to install the internet and phone service you ordered. We had to tell him that we did not order any phone service. After he completed his work and left (fortunately without installing phone service) I sat down to test out my new internet service by watching a Netflix streamed movie. Well, I could at least access the streamed movies on Netflix, but when I tried to watch them they would run for about 1 minute and then spend 2-3 minutes rebuffering. Thus it was impossible to watch. As it turns out, all video streaming runs that way and therefore the plan I have is completely useless for that. I contacted the company, and of course they said.... you guessed it, for another $10 a month I can upgrade to a plan that they assure me will allow me to watch video streaming. I rejected their offer simply on principle, so now I am stuck with HughesNet for another 11 months. What a ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2014 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/HughesNet/nationwide/HughesNet-Dont-believe-everything-they-tell-you-Nationwide-1164403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on HughesNet