fraction

• Submitted: Fri, July 07, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 07, 2006

• Reported By:Bonne Terre Missouri
Hughes.net, Direcway.com
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, Maryland U.S.A.

Hughes.net, Direcway.com Fraudulent, dishonest, incompetent, unhelpful and failure to provide service as promised Ripoff Germantown Maryland

My experience is much the same as many others, so no use repeating the nighmare.

Today, I was on the phone for nearly 3 hours and accomplished absolutely nothing toward speeding up my horribly slow internet service, as provided by Hughes.net. When I finally reached Advanced Technical Support, I eventually was told to run a speed test for three times a day for the next two or three days to provide information for the engineers (I guess) on just how slow my service is. And then call back.

It is this slow as of right now: 311bps and 9 pbs.Tha's slooooooooow, believe me.

Also, I was given a call-back number to advanced tech. support. The number doesn't work. I called the main corporate number, explained my problem and was plugged back into the tech. support system that transferred my call back to India.

As soon as my year is up (Aug. 1), I'm dropping this nightmare and will go back to my antiquated dial-up, which is at least reliable in its snail's pace.

I gladly will participate in any class action suit against this company and will gladly talk to media people who are doing stories/exposes about its faulty technology, its incompetent and dishonest employees and its misrepresentation of the (bad) service that it provides.

Robert
Bonne Terre, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2006 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughesnet-Direcwaycom/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Hughesnet-Direcwaycom-Fraudulent-dishonest-incompetent-unhelpful-and-failure-to-prov-199903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughes.net, Direcway.com