Complaint Review: Hughesnet Satellite Internet

• Submitted: Mon, March 28, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, March 28, 2011

• Reported By: J. Christianson — San Luis Obispo California United States of America
Hughesnet Satellite Internet

Hughesnet Satellite Internet Advertises Speed, but not the Bandwidth Limit. Slows to a Snails Pace Before Basic Banking is Complete internet

Previous reports mirror some of my experience with Hughesnet. Less bandwidth is available than is necessary to access emails and perform basic banking service. I urge anyone considering using satellite internet to not depend upon it. After complaining several times to Hughesnet without a permanent fix, I was told that I may have been hacked through my wireless router. I live in an isolated canyon miles from anything and I turn off my laptops and power supply to the Hughes modem and l lock the computers in a fireproof safe which only I have the combination. When I inquired as to when I last went over the bandwidth limit, I was given a date and hour by the tech. At this time, I knew they were lying because I can document that I was not using the service because I was not home and everything was locked up and turned off. The system is not worth the money. Sometimes I get less than 10 minutes of adequate download speed / day. At $2/day, that's $12/hr for "highspeed" internet.
The company's records are fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2011 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughesnet-Satellite-Internet/internet/Hughesnet-Satellite-Internet-Advertises-Speed-but-not-the-Bandwidth-Limit-Slows-to-a-Sn-711133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughesnet Satellite Internet