- Report: #764203
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Hughesnet internet service
Hughesnet internet serviceInternet United States of America
Hughesnet internet service Lousy internet service Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) the expense is more than advertised. You have limited bandwidth (access) to the internet and if you go over your daily allowance, you have to buy tokens to get more, this added as much as $40 dollars a month to my bill. I have ran out of bandwidth checking my e-mail, as with most homes there are 4 users in my house. In the 10 months I had this service it has cost me over $1300, counting purchasing the equipment ($300).
2) The customer support is less than bad. On 3 seperate occassions I tried to change my mailing address from a P.O. box to my street address. It never took.
3) The service is affected by ANY weather change. I have had dish and direct tv(both sattelite, and I never have had the problems with these services. Heavy rain, heavy and even light cloud cover and most recently the heat can interupt the service. Even on clear days it will drop a server and lose your service .
4) I was told on several occasions that the problem was in my computer, I have switched to ATT and can honestly say, it is not my computer!
5) The customer service is totally lacking, I was given upgrades and discounts to try to 'make it work' to no avail. After trying to make this work by working with Hughesnet, I was informed that I would have to pay another $295 for early cancellation. Are you kidding me?!?!?
I have NEVER been more unhappy with a service like this, and I have told the company that in light of my patience (I have no more with them) I don't believe I should have to pay this fee. Then they have the nerve to tell me if I remove the dish and send it and the modem back at my expense, I will only owe them $16.01!!! Are you kidding me?!?
I would try very hard to dissuade anybody from using this service, dail-up is faster and cheaper.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2011 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughesnet-internet-service/internet/Hughesnet-internet-service-Lousy-internet-service-Internet-764203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.