breathing

• Updated: Thu, July 11, 2013

• Reported By: teKawaare — Franklin Tennessee
Hughesnet
11717 Exploration Lane Germantown, Maryland USA

Hughesnet Gen4 - Deceptive Sales Information - Deceptive Sales Information, Bank Fraud, Germantown Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: We're Here to Help

I  spoke with Hughesnet sales representatives on @ 3 occasions and was assured that the costs cited were the only ones necessary to connect service. This was an outright LIE. Upon the arrival of the scheduled technician he informed me that there would be an additional charge for 'necessary, equipment. (The Hughesnet rep had made zero reference to this and outright lied to a direct question regarding additional equipment.) When the appointment was scheduled I was told that a credit card would not be charged until the technician reported that service could be provided. When I called to cancell the installation/service I was told that the card had already been charged (once again the Sales Rep had told an outright LIE) and that the funds would not be returned for THREE business days.

My advice to prospective customers AVOID HUGHESNET at all costs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2013 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughesnet/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Hughesnet-Gen4-Deceptive-Sales-Information-Deceptive-Sales-Information-Bank-Fraud-G-1066218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughesnet

We're Here to Help

AUTHOR: Sara for Hughes - ()

Hello teKawaare, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'd like to make things right - if we promised you no extra costs then that's what we'll deliever. I'd like to review your sales call recording and touch base with you. Please send your account number or the phone number associated with your account, along with the name on the account and a link to this thread to communitysupport@hughes.com. Thank you, Sara