Complaint Review: Hughesnet

• Updated: Sat, September 07, 2013

• Reported By: Jeremyb — Sunland California
Hughesnet
Internet USA

Hughesnet Did not tell me of data allowance and stopped downloads after 5 days Internet

Do NOT use Hughesnet! I signed up for Direct TV after leaving TWC.Specifically I wanted to watch tv shows and movies on demand. I was referrd to Hughesnet by Direct TV.At no time was I ever informed of data allowance or even what that meant. At no time was I told a HUGE satellite dish would be installed.I didn,t even know there was satellite internet,,,dummy me..After 4 to 5 days I couldn,t download anything. That,s when I discovered the fraud perpetrated by this company...last night.

I just called them and threatened legal action as I,d signed no papers etc.They agreed to cancel my account but want me to remove satellite dish.I suggest the lady who is afraid of climbing her roof(previous comment) call them back..I threatened legal action again if they expected me to remove it then they backed down...said I could keep the dish(!!!!!!!) but had to remove the radio device in the middle..which i,ll figure out just to be done with these idiots.We should do a class action lawsuit-anyone?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughesnet/internet/Hughesnet-Did-not-tell-me-of-data-allowance-and-stopped-downloads-after-5-days-Internet-1082515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughesnet