Complaint Review: Hughesnet

• Updated: Mon, November 14, 2011

• Reported By: Tammy — Pegram Tennessee United States of America
Hughesnet

Hughesnet No help! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I doubt talking to them about your service problems will help much...

Hello,

It sure feels good to be able to vent to someone. Hughesnet has been a nightmare, I am actually surprised I am able to type this letter my service is so bad.

I called Hughesnet in October to let them know that something is wrong with our internet. They told me they had to get permission from David in order to talk to me. I told them I do not know anyone named David and proceeded to tell them my husband and my name...sorry we must speak with David. I don't know David.

I call back again to see if I could get someone out to help, they said you will need to fax us a copy of your drivers license...Whaaaat, the man we was talking to could barely speak English, I wasn't faxing our drivers license to him. I told him who pays the bill every month??? Not David but us, I need to get someone to fix our internet. After going round and round, frustrated I hang up.

Tried to call repeatedly but without David's permission they cannot speak to me. I told them I will put a stop payment on David's account and reopen in our correct names. They say it will go on our credit since the checking account is in our names. Only David can close the account, I don't know David. I ask if I can speak with someone else, after a minute I get the same guy on the phone using a different name. He actually admitted it, he said everyone was busy. UGH

I need to get my internet fixed and I do not know David, I am tired of paying for service that barely works . My girls are trying to take College tests online and they have to go to the library now after making zeroes because the internet went down when they was trying to send their tests. It only download transfers at a rate of 4.3kb per second which is horrible and I have had it!!!!!

I feel a little better now getting to vent, if anyone knows who David is will you ask him to give me permission to speak to Hughesnet! Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2011 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughesnet/internet/Hughesnet-No-help-Internet-797836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughesnet

I doubt talking to them about your service problems will help much...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Their satellite service is seriously oversold and when you try to use your service and excede your allowance, which doesn't take much, they invoke "FAP", they call this Fair Access Plan...translation, we cut your speed back to about dial up or less for 24 hours to keep the system from crashing due to it's oversold condition.

Good luck to you, but I doubt even that will help.