Complaint Review: Hughesnet

• Updated: Wed, June 04, 2008

• Reported By:corryton Tennessee
www.hughesnet.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Hughesnet Problems discontinueing service Internet

We contracted with Direct TV and ended up with Hughesnet. We had used the service for several years. The payment was set up on our credit card. We decided to cancel the service and called the number that appeared on the statement and was told they had no record of our account. We did the only thing we could do and disputed the charges with the credit card co. They did an investagation and sent to the credit card co. the report on the acct. including the acct #. We now called HughesNet with this information to discontinue the service and stop the automatic withdrawals. They ask my name and said that is not the name on the account. They said they could not discontinue the service until the person who opened the acct called. An automatic withdrawal of $59.99 has been coming out of my acct for 5 years. We have not had a computer in the house for over a year. After much thought, we called to see if our son who set up the computer may have ordered the service and I gave him the card. That is what happened. So I asked to discontinue the service and they would not do. The service had always been charged to my card and they would not allow me the cardholder to cancel the service. What if I could not have remembered who could have ordered the service. I feel they knew who we were, they had our acct number but they made jump through hoops.

corryton, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2008 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughesnet/nationwide/Hughesnet-Problems-discontinueing-service-Internet-336994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughesnet