- Report: #343906
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Hughesnet.net, Hughesnet The Old Direcway
Hughesnet.net, Hughesnet The Old Direcwayhttp://www.hughesnet.net , Internet, Nationwide U.S.A.
Hughesnet.net, Hughesnet The Old Direcway Hughesnet satellite is a rip-off, bad service, limits on your use, high prices, don't use them Internet, Nationwide
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) They advertise high speed broadband. There is no high speed about it, it's like the old days where you click on a page and go make dinner and by the time you get back, the page is loaded.
2) Tonight I was downloading Windows Vista Service Pack 1 update, 480 MB's. With just 55 MB's left to go after hours and hours of downloading, my internet connection stopped. I pulled up the hughesnet site and it tells me that I have exceeded the Fair Use policy. I had heard about this before, but didn't think that the limit was so low that I can't even update my computer. So I called hughesnet ..... The plan that I pay 120 a month for doesn't cover enough downloads use, said I would need to upgrade to the small business plan. I am not a small business, we are a two person household and surfs the net and likes to keep our computers up to date. To not be able to do that is absolutely unacceptable but to see what's worse, go to #3.....
3) I asked how much it as to cancel my account early, they said $700.
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, I BEG OF YOU, DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE THAT I DID. THIS COMPANY IS ONLY OUT TO SCREW YOU, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AS A CUSTOMER!! Shame on your Hughesnet.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughesnetnet-Hughesnet-The-Old-Direcway/Internet-Nationwide/Hughesnetnet-Hughesnet-The-Old-Direcway-Hughesnet-satellite-is-a-rip-off-bad-service-l-343906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.