Complaint Review: Hughesnet.net, Hughesnet The Old Direcway

• Submitted: Tue, June 24, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, June 24, 2008

• Reported By:Memphis Tennessee
Hughesnet.net, Hughesnet The Old Direcway
http://www.hughesnet.net , Internet, Nationwide U.S.A.

Hughesnet.net, Hughesnet The Old Direcway Hughesnet satellite is a rip-off, bad service, limits on your use, high prices, don't use them Internet, Nationwide

We moved to the country months ago and our only choice of internet service was satellite. There were mixed reviews in my research before buying, but seriously didn't have a choice, so I ignored the bad stuff I read. Well if you are here like me, let my words right now convince you to not do it. GET AOL!!! It has to be better than this service and here is why.

1) They advertise high speed broadband. There is no high speed about it, it's like the old days where you click on a page and go make dinner and by the time you get back, the page is loaded.

2) Tonight I was downloading Windows Vista Service Pack 1 update, 480 MB's. With just 55 MB's left to go after hours and hours of downloading, my internet connection stopped. I pulled up the hughesnet site and it tells me that I have exceeded the Fair Use policy. I had heard about this before, but didn't think that the limit was so low that I can't even update my computer. So I called hughesnet ..... The plan that I pay 120 a month for doesn't cover enough downloads use, said I would need to upgrade to the small business plan. I am not a small business, we are a two person household and surfs the net and likes to keep our computers up to date. To not be able to do that is absolutely unacceptable but to see what's worse, go to #3.....

3) I asked how much it as to cancel my account early, they said $700.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, I BEG OF YOU, DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE THAT I DID. THIS COMPANY IS ONLY OUT TO SCREW YOU, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AS A CUSTOMER!! Shame on your Hughesnet.

Jennifer
Memphis, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 09:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughesnetnet-Hughesnet-The-Old-Direcway/Internet-Nationwide/Hughesnetnet-Hughesnet-The-Old-Direcway-Hughesnet-satellite-is-a-rip-off-bad-service-l-343906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughesnet.net, Hughesnet The Old Direcway