Complaint Review: Hughsnet systems

• Updated: Sat, September 10, 2011

• Reported By: Jim — Salem Missouri United States of America
Hughsnet systems
11717 Exploration, Lane Germantown, Maryland United States of America

Hughsnet systems I subscribed to Hughsnet in missouri and could not get any internet most of the time. I tried to cancel and they kept telling me they would get the service in my area better. After much communication Germantown, Maryland

I contacted Hughsnet for internet service when I moved to Missouri, It was installed and I got no reception or very little reception.  I contacted the company and they kept giving me excuses and even had me transfered to india where the guy said the system was working fine.  I contacted Hughsnet several times and they would not admit the fact that they could not provide service where I lived.

I tried to cancel many times until I finally wrote them a letter to disconnect the service and send me a box to ship their equipment back.  I sent the equipment back and now have received a bill for $400.00 early termination fee.  I tried to disconnect before thirty days was over and they would not let me.  I refuse to pay this bill and would like to hear from an attorney  or people interested in filing a class action suit. Please contact Ripoff report and contact me

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2011 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Hughsnet-systems/Germantown-Maryland-20876/Hughsnet-systems-I-subscribed-to-Hughsnet-in-missouri-and-could-not-get-any-internet-most-775121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Hughsnet systems